Modern Rent a Toyota FAQ’s
What Is Required To Rent A Vehicle?
- Minimum age is 21 years old. (An underage fee applies if the renter is under the age of 25)
- A valid Driver’s License
- A Major Credit card or Bank Issued Debit Card in the Renters name (no pre-paid cards or cash)
- You must have a valid, full coverage auto insurance policy. That includes comprehension, collision and liability coverage *that transfers to a rental vehicle*. Deductibles must be $500 or less.
Can I leave my personal car at the dealership?
- Yes, we have parking available so that you can leave your vehicle. Please let us know that you would like to leave your vehicle and we will show you where to park it.
Is smoking allowed in the rental vehicles?
- No. All of our vehicles are smoke free. A smoking fee of $200 will be assessed if there is any evidence of smoking in the vehicle.
Are there any limitations as to where I can take the rental vehicle?
- You can drive our vehicle anywhere in the Continental United States and Canada.
- Vehicles are not permitted in Mexico.
- To remain valid, each contract needs to be re-written every 28 days.
Does Modern Toyota require a security deposit?
- Yes, Modern Rent a Toyota requires a $200 dollar security deposit, as well as the amount of the rental when you pick up the vehicle.
- All deposits are refundable if/when the vehicle is returned in the same condition.
- The deposit will be kept if the vehicle is not returned the way it is rented. That includes but is not limited to:
- Smoke smell
- Excessive Perfume
- Seat Stains
- Evidence of any animals in the vehicle
- Interior or Exterior Damage to the vehicle
- Costs associated with getting the vehicle back (ex: demand letters)
Does it cost anything to make a reservation?
- Modern Rent a Toyota is the only rental company to guarntee a specialty reservation. A $50.00 down payment is required to guarantee all specialty vehicles (SUVs, Trucks, and Vans) and will be applied to your rental charges. This down payment is non-refundable if you are to cancel at any time before or after your pick up date.
What other fees will apply to my rental?
- Fees that may apply to your rentals needs include:
- Additional Driver Fee: $8/day
- (**This applies to anyone other than the authorized drivers as identified in paragraph 1, on the back of the contract**)
- Young Driver Fee (ages 21-24): $12/day
- Towing Capability: $10/day
- (**This applies only to the 4Runner, Tundra, and Tacoma. If you don’t advise us you will need to tow, you will not be able to use the equipment as it will be locked**)
- Seat Storage: $5/day
- (**If you need the seats removed from a Sienna and stored for the duration of the rental**)
- Fuel Charge: $6/gallon$5/day
- (**If a vehicle returns short of gas, we charge a $6/gallon refill fee. This is calculated by our contract system and applies to all rentals**)
- Additional Driver Fee: $8/day
Are pets allowed in the rental vehicles?
- We ask that no pets are to be transported in the vehicle. Many people have allergies to animals and their dander. To make sure everyone has an enjoyable rental experience, we do not allow animals in our vehicles.
Can I tow a trailer or my boat with a rental vehicle?
- We allow towing with certain vehicles, as long as the rental vehicle has our factory installed hitch. You will be required to provide your own tow ball, and a tow fee will be assessed at $10/day.
Can I rent at this location and turn it in to another location?
- No. Modern Rent A Toyota is independently operated. All vehicles must return to the original pickup location.
Can I buy the vehicle I am renting?
- Absolutely. Most of our Rent A Toyota vehicles are available to purchase after their short, mandatory four-month in service period. Please contact us for details.
What are the requirements regarding fuel in the rental?
- Please return the rental with the same amount of gas. If the rental is returned short on gas, you have the option to go fill up the vehicle or be charged $6.00 per gallon for us to fill it. Our new telematics technology reads the exact number of gallons in the vehicle to allow for an accurate fuel charge.
Who is responsible for parking, toll fees, and traffic violations?
- Each customer is responsible for any fees incurred during the rental period. If fees are received after the rental is returned, we will call for payment after the fact.
Do you offer roadside assistance?
- Yes, Modern Rent A Toyota provides 24 hour road side assistance. The number is located on the top right hand side of your rental contract.
Is there an additional charge for more than one driver?
- Yes, additional charges may apply when the rental vehicle is to be driven by more than one person. Legal spouses will be added at no additional charge as long as they also meet all age and license requirements.
Do you offer any type of discounts?
- Yes, we partner with numerous companies in the triad we offer special rates to. We also offer 10% off discounts to all military members and school teachers/staff. A 5% discount is also offered for all AAA or AARP members.
What are Telematics?
- The Vehicle may be equipped with telematics technology that may include, but may not be limited to, a global positioning system (GPS), a data communication module (DCM), an event data recorder (EDR), and/or other technology that can collect data (such as location data) about the Vehicle (collectively, the “Telematics System”). The telematics will be used to check the health of the vehicle from afar and GPS will be used in the event we have to find the vehicle.